How Do Tank Vent Dryers Work?
- During tank inhale (fluid exiting the tank), wet atmospheric air will enter through the base of the dryer and flow upwards through the absorbent.
- Dry air will then exit the top of the dryer entering the tank vent pipe and flowing into the tank.
- A series of internal flapper valves control the direction of air flow; directing the dry air during the inhale cycle into the tank.
- A glass sight window provides visual indication when the desiccant needs to be replaced. The adsorbent will change from blue to beige as it becomes saturated with water.
- During tank exhale (fluid entering the tank), air leaking the tank will flow down the tanks vent pipe and into the Tank Vent Dryer
- A series of internal flapper valves control the direction of airflow; bypassing the absorbent and directing the exhaust air out of the vent cap on top of the dryer.
ZEOLITE adsorbent maximizes water adsorption capacity over a broad temperature range, providing less than 50ppm H2O
- Quick and easy to install. Wall (715 & 720PE) or Floor Mounted (730)
- 715 & 730 are constructed of 316 Stainless Steel with Viton seals
- 720PE is constructed of Polyethylene (HDPE) with Viton seals
- Low maintenance and easily refillable
Easy, visible color indication of when adsorbent is due for replacement
QUICK FACT: 500 PPM (Parts Per Million) = 0.05% = 50cc of water in 1,000 liters of fluid.
|Model||Connection (Flange)||Max fill or empty rate||Amount of Desiccant||Max fluid capacity related to desiccant content||Applications|
|715||1.5 in||230 gallons/min||27.5 lbs||27,593 gallons||Medium sized reservoirs, Containers, fuel tanks, gearboxes, medium storage tanks|
|730||3 in||916 gallons/min||110 lbs||109,972 gallons||Large reservoirs, containers, large fuel tanks, gearboxes, large storage tanks|
Drytech Tank Vent Dryers use a 1″-3″ NPT connection into most tanks or reservoirs. If you have any questions on how to mount your tank vent dryer please contact our technical staff. Installation Procedure:
- Remove dryer from plastic bag
- Remove safety cap from top of the dryer
- Fill dryer with desiccant if not filled
- Mount the dryer to the tank or reservoir using either floor or wall mounts
- Verify that the dryer is fully saturated – all blue beads will be beige in color
- Remove desiccant canister from vent dryer
- Dump desiccant contents into disposal bucket
- Verify and dispose of desiccant in accordance with your state and local environmental control regulations
- Review attached MSDS sheets